Saturday, August 15, 2009

How is your Brain wired?


I'm writing this blog on the 15th of August. Many of you know that it's Indian Independence day but most of you don't know that it's my birthday!


Since it's my birthday and I'm very happy today, I plan to write something about Happiness. According to Deepak Chopra, the constituents of happiness are three fold:
a. Brain Set point (43%)
b. Condition of Living (7 to 8%)
c. Voluntary Action (49 to 50%)


He goes on to say that one must identify his/her limiting beliefs and try to overcome them by having an "Of course I can!" attitude. To id your brain set point, you must ask yourself : "Do I see problems in life or do I see Opportunities?" Having a positive frame of mind will keep your happiness intact. Your condition of Living such as having a posh house, driving a luxury car, having a million dollar work, etc.. is not really important in life. What is MOST important are the voluntary actions that you take! Do you make choices that increase your pleasure? Do you make choices in life that give you fulfillment?


Happiness depends on the daily choices of action. So, keeping the brain set point in the right ballpark & deciding your voluntary actions in life will decide your happiness! Before I start writing information about mind maps, I thought of sharing a youtube link with you.


Please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh1uANlH9L4. It's a video that introduces you to a tool called "Free Mind". I hope you enjoyed reading this. Watch for more details on mind mapping in my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment